CHOOSING THE RIGHT SENIOR MEMORY CARE
A simple guide to senior memory care centers.
Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia are a progressive journey. Here’s an introduction to the support available, from memory care at home to senior memory care facilities near you.
Where can my loved one receive memory care?
- At home through qualified dementia home care services
- In a senior memory care program, including adult daycares for individuals experiencing Alzheimer’s or dementia
- At a memory care assisted living facility, including general nursing homes that offer specialized memory care services
Learn more about different settings and programs for senior dementia care and senior memory care.
How do I know if in-home care, adult day care, or a care facility would be best for my loved one?
Schedule an appointment with a geriatrician or geriatrics case manager, or talk to your loved one’s primary care doctor for help assessing their unique situation.
They may ask about your loved one’s dementia symptoms and other key factors, such as:
- Any health issues or chronic health conditions
- Sundown syndrome
- Memory loss or confusion
- Aggressive or anger
- Supervision at home
- Risk of falls
- Other safety concerns at home
Above all, the goal is to keep your loved one safe. So depending on their symptoms and stage of dementia, their doctor may recommend getting outside help.
When should I consider assisted living?
In general, if your loved one needs help with daily tasks or has safety concerns like a tendency to wander, their doctor may recommend a full-time senior memory care assisted living facility.
In California, the Pavilion at the Masonic Homes offers three level of care to best fit your loved one’s current situation.
For example, our community provides:
How much does Alzheimer’s care cost?
For that reason, it’s best to reach out to the facility or home care services you’re considering to ask about eligibility and fees. For help, contact Aging Services.
How can I find care near me?
If you’re in California, visit the Pavilion at the Masonic Homes.
- We provide assisted living and senior memory care in a compassionate, beautiful residential setting.
- Our staff are experts at caring for elderly individuals who are living with dementia.
Not in California? Search online for memory care providers near you.
- For Seniors in Need, a Home at Last
- Personalized Memory Care
- Finding the Right Alzheimer’s Care Near Me
- Moments of Connection
- Compass Club – Masonic Homes of California
- Live-In Care, Independent Living, or Assisted Living: What’s the Right Choice?
- Nursing Homes, Retirement Homes, and Senior Homes: What’s the Difference?